Signs and Symptoms of Diabetes
- Feeling excessively tired
- Unquenchable thirst
- Frequent urination
- Numbness and/or tingling in feet or hands
- Changes in eyesight, such as blurry vision
- Unexpected weight loss
- Increase in infections or wounds that won't heal
- Breath that smells fruity
If you, or someone you know, has one or more of these symptoms, make an appointment to see your doctor.
"National Diabetes Statistics, 2007." National Diabetes Clearing House. June 2008. National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK), Web. 17 Nov 2009. http://diabetes.niddk.nih.gov/DM/PUBS/statistics/#allages.
Keith, Taylor. "Type 2 Diabetes: Prevalence, Surgery, Complications & Cost." American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery, Web. 17 Nov 2009. http://www.asbs.org/Newsite07/media/asmbs_fs_diabetes.pdf.