Eating more vegetables and fruits, more whole grains and less processed, simple carbohydrates, can help you keep your blood glucose levels under control. Know the basics about healthy eating with type 2 diabetes.
- What to Know About Healthy Eating When You Have Type 2 Diabetes
- Easy Healthy Snacks
- Read How Others Have Transformed Their Eating Habits
Mealtime might seem like a challenge at first. Something as simple as what to have for breakfast or lunch can seem overwhelming.
Eventually you'll have to leave the safety of your kitchen and venture out into the world where good nutrition can get a bit tricky.
- How to Make Healthy Fast Food Choices
- Don't Let Work Snacks Sabotage Your Diet Plans
- Navigating the Buffet Line
Just because you have diabetes, doesn't mean that you can't have an occasional favorite treat or snack. Know the carbohydrates, calories and fat grams in your favorite foods, and be mindful of portion sizes. You'll be able to indulge once in a while without feeling guilty.