1. Health

Is There a Cure for Diabetes?

By April 22, 2011

Is there a cure for diabetes?  This is the number one question I receive via email.  This is also the number one complaint I receive.  Sometimes readers feel I am trying to hide the cure.

At the moment there is no cure, but there are accepted standard treatments for diabetes.  These treatments have been studied for efficacy and safety.

Keep in mind the diabetes landscape changes rapidly as new treatments are discovered and new knowledge is acquired.  It can be hard for even physicians to keep up, so it is a good idea to try to keep up to date with the latest diabetes news and diabetes education.

Other common related questions are whether there is a natural cure for diabetes or alternative diabetes treatments.   This area also changes rapidly.  News and scientific reports come in daily about the benefits of this or that food.  Sometimes a report will refute an earlier finding.  It can be very confusing.  I personally follow what is considered a natural alternative diet with good results.  Do you follow one of these diets?  Can you share your experience?

I strongly believe looking and learning from the past can bring us closer to a cure today.  Because of this, I have a keen interest in indigenous foods and what can be learned from the history of Native Americans and diabetes.  Many Native American foods and recipes have been found to help with the prevention and control of diabetes.

Is there a cure for diabetes?  Not that I know of.  I hope one is found soon, but in the meantime we have to do the best with what we have got.  We have some very powerful tools at our disposal to help us do our best.

Comments
April 23, 2011 at 12:41 am
(1) Philip says:

I might point your readers to a book called There Is a Cure for Diabetes by Gabriel Cousens.

First of all Dr. Cousens title of there is a cure might throw some people off. What we are talking about here is being able to 100% control your diabetes without drugs and using mostly diet with some exercise.

I too was very skeptical of this plant based diet. Until I tried it for myself. I eat all the raw plant based food I want three times a day. (breakfast, lunch and diner)

It should be noted that most of this raw plant based food if very high in fiber which controls the absorption of sugar into your body. In a way your food acts like your diabetic medication, certain food have been proven to make your natural insulin more sensitive, which is a good thing.

All I can say about this diet is from personal experience. I’ve lost close to 140 pounds on this diet and have no signs of diabetes. In other words not even my doctors tests can find any trace of the diabetes. Now that’s not to say if tomorrow I started eating junk food that I would not become diabetic again, because I would.

I am a diabetic and always will be. However if I stay on my current diet, diabetes should never bother me again.

April 25, 2011 at 5:32 pm
(2) Type 2 Diabetes Guide says:

Hello Philip,

I have reviewed that book. It would be great if you could add your own review!

Thanks!
Elizabeth
Type 2 Diabetes Guide

May 17, 2011 at 6:24 am
(3) e says:

why aren’t they looking for a cause of diabetes instead of a cure, then people wouldn’t get it to begin with?

June 30, 2011 at 11:22 am
(4) Finding cure,, Ann says:

There are a lot of things to help with diabetes, but there is only one thing that we need for this terrible disease and that’s a cure.

August 24, 2011 at 2:38 pm
(5) Anna says:

You can also try the filmmaker’s diabetes diet , it helped me

August 24, 2011 at 10:44 pm
(6) Roque Dcunha says:

I am 58 years of age, am type 2 Diabetic from the age of 44 and since then, I never knew how to go about on this disease. I had to shut down my stock broking business, since i had stress full and crisis ridden financial markets business. I have undergone 8 major surgeries all due to bad diabetic managment.

However, currently am very fine, very healthy, all due to learnings from http://www.about.com; it has made me more confident, exercising daily, control on diet, sometimes i take wines, but avoid unwanted fatty starchy foods.

I consider http://www.about.com is my doctor. I have no complaints ever since i study all details on the disease from this website.

November 15, 2011 at 4:46 am
(7) scandysi says:

Vocation every fashionistas! Passing lane Bryant has emphatically taken new markdowns by some pretty wonderful styles! Rush more than and live one of the formerly to save an supplementary 40% rancid these pristine markdowns that include tops bottoms, swimwear, shoes, bracelets and much more. This is by much one of their paramount sales yet! Don’t forget to use voucher code code SAVE40LB when read-through absent to distinguish the further 40% fall rotten by the side of depart. This amazing bargain split ends 10/16/2011.
token code

November 17, 2011 at 5:17 am
(8) Uribleblill says:

Doing a sugar free diet maybe a tough work and you would find that it is not as easy as you had expected. What u think about it?

November 25, 2011 at 12:01 pm
(9) William Bureka says:

Hi everybody,

Diabetes can be cured only by eating right. All people will get diabetes if they do not eat right.
This desease caused by not eating right for a long time.
Most pacific people, Indians, south americans never eat right and that is why high percentage of them catch this curable desease.

Other word let any people to eat junk foods for more than a year and surely he/she will be a diabetic. Let anyone got diabetes to eat right and he/she will be free of the desease within a month if eating right is maintained.

Let preach a simple advice to all the people that they have to eat right all the time.

January 25, 2012 at 1:40 pm
(10) fiza khan says:

i need help please contact me….